The Usage Data dashboard provides a clear line of sight into the volume of events and incidents within the BigPanda platform.
Unified Analytics Required
This feature is only available for organizations leveraging Unified Analytics. If you'd like to learn how to move to Unified Analytics, reach out to us at [email protected].
The dashboard allows you to:
- Visualize and track usage statistics across your organization.
- Filter by Source System and by date-range.
- Use the Granularity dropdown to break results out by hour, day, month, or year.
- Get detailed visibility of your incidents by action type.
For more information about working with this and other Unified Analytics dashboards, see the View Unified Analytics documentation.
For organizations on a consumption-pricing model, this dashboard also gives visibility into how credits are being consumed. Use the Usage Data dashboard to monitor your usage to prevent surprises and help determine when you need to obtain additional credits.
Credits are typically consumed based on:
- Events ingested - A monitoring or change event sent to BigPanda from an external system. Events may include metric changes, status change, an email, a change event, and more. Events are counted before deduplication, alert filtering, and suppression from maintenance plans within BigPanda. Events are not counted if they are filtered within the integration itself before reaching BigPanda.
- Actioned Incidents - A group of one or more Events that has had a qualifying action performed on it. Qualifying actions include Comments, Assignments to a user, and Manual or Automated Shares.
Incidents are classified as Actioned once a single qualifying action has occurred. BigPanda usage counts the number of incidents that have been actioned, but does not count individual actions. For detailed statistics on incident actions, see the Unified Analytics dashboards.
For details on pricing, events, or actioned incidents, refer to your BigPanda contract.
The dashboard includes several widgets.
Each widget shows data based on the overall dashboard filters. Some widgets leverage a unique time or date-range setting and will not update with the overall dashboard.
|Inbound Events||The number of inbound events, and the percent changed compared to the past week.|
|Actioned Incidents||The number of actioned incidents, and the total number of incidents.|
|Total Events Over Time||The trend of how many Events were ingested per hour/day/month.|
|Actioned Incidents Over Time||This widget appears when the Trend View option is selected. |
The trend of how many incidents were marked as actioned per hour/day/month.
|Actioned Incident Breakdown||This widget appears when the Drill-Down View option is selected. |
A pie chart displaying the number of actioned incidents by billable action type (Comment, assign, share)
|Events by Source System (Graph)||The number of events ingested for the source systems sending the highest number of events.|
|Events by Source System (Table)||A detailed breakdown of the number of events ingested per source system.|
|Actioned Incidents by Source System (Graph)||The number of actioned incidents for each of the source systems sending the highest number of events.|
If an incident is associated with more than one source system, it will be counted for each source.
|Actioned Incidents by Source System (Table)||A detailed breakdown of the number of actioned incidents per source system.|
|Change Events by Source System (Graph)||This widget is only for organizations sending change data to BigPanda.|
The number of change events ingested for each of the source systems sending the highest number of events.
|Change Events by Source System (Table)||This widget is only for organizations sending change data to BigPanda.|
A detailed breakdown of the number of change events ingested per source system.
View Unified Analytics dashboards
Learn how to Manage Unified Analytics
Find definitions of Unified Analytics key metrics
Dive into potential reporting fields in Unified Analytics Reporting Tables
Updated about 1 month ago