The BigPanda application for ServiceNow is a native ServiceNow application that enables easy setup of multiple different integrations between BigPanda and ServiceNow, including Incidents, Changes, and CMDB.
To download the BigPanda application Update Set and see the features added in the most recent version, check out the ServiceNow Developer Portal.
- Navigate to System Update Sets > Retrieved Update Sets.
- Under Related Links, select Import Update Set from XML.
- Under Preview Set, select Fix any errors.
- If the error Could not find a record in sys_app_application for column menu referenced in this update is encountered, select Accept Remote Update. The error is expected and the remote update must be accepted for the application to function.
- Once imported, the application should now be available from the Navigation Pane and Scope.
BigPanda App Version
To determine your BigPanda ServiceNow application version, navigate to System Applications > My Company Applications within your ServiceNow instance. The BigPanda Application tile will list which version has been installed.
The ServiceNow Incidents integration allows you to automatically create incidents in ServiceNow from correlated, insight-rich incidents in BigPanda. Incidents in ServiceNow and BigPanda are automatically synchronized throughout their life-cycle, ensuring relevant workflows are triggered as needed and teams are always up-to-date so they can quickly resolve critical issues.
The ServiceNow Changes integration immediately notifies BigPanda of any new or updated changes in your ServiceNow Change Management, ensuring these changes are available for machine-language-driven root cause analysis in BigPanda, with the root Root Cause Changes feature.
The ServiceNow CMDB integration allows you to enrich your incoming BigPanda alerts with contextual information from your ServiceNow CMDB. The added context enables NOC operators to quickly assess and resolve incidents.
The ServiceNow Maintenance integration provides a method for suppressing alerts originating from infrastructure during a maintenance window.
Installing the BigPanda Application
Administrators can install the integration by following the on-screen instructions in BigPanda.
Deleting an integration requires changes to both the integrated system and BigPanda. You must uninstall the integration on the integrated system and then delete the integration from BigPanda.
When replacing an existing integration with a new tool or system, we recommend configuring the new integration first to ensure no data is lost.
On the integrated system, disable any settings that send data to BigPanda.
Manually resolve any open alerts sent from the integration to remove the associated incidents from your incident feed. These incidents will not automatically resolve without an
ok status from the original sending integration.
- In BigPanda, navigate to the Integrations tab and select the desired integration from the list.
- In the integration details on the right, click Delete Integration. A support message opens, pre-populated with a request to delete the selected integration.
- Press Enter to send the request.
- The BigPanda support team will remove the integration from the UI.
This procedure does not remove any data from BigPanda or the integrated system. As needed, remove data from each system before deleting the integration.
Updated 12 days ago