BigPanda’s standard integrations collect and normalize change data from change feeds such as CI/CD pipelines, Change Management tools, auditing systems, and orchestration tools.
BigPanda includes several standard integrations ready to connect your change feeds, or create custom integrations using the Changes REST API.
Connecting each of your change feeds to BigPanda gives your Ops teams deeper insights into the system changes that may be triggering system events and outages. Change integrations in particular dramatically speed up MTTR and dramatically reduce the number of bridge calls by proactively encouraging collaboration between Ops and Dev teams.
Select the desired tool from the list below to reference detailed information about the standard Change integration. See the Standard Integrations to see the complete list of available integrations that are built-in to BigPanda. To build custom change integrations, use the Changes REST API.
When configuring change integrations, make sure to include as much relevant information into the payload as possible. In addition to giving your teams vital information, change data is key to quality-related change suggestions. The more details available, the better BigPanda’s RCC algorithms can work.
- Ensure full change description and details are available through either the description field or custom tags
- RCC uses free text when looking for matches, the data doesn’t need to be in any particular format as long as it is included in the payload for BigPanda.
- Each integration is configured to pull specific information from the change management tool into BigPanda. If useful details are not currently included, consider using a custom integration or Changes REST API
Change Rate Limitations
To maintain optimal system health, the BigPanda rate limitation for Root Cause Changes is capped at max. 400 changes per minute and 50K changes per week.
To integrate a change management tool with BigPanda:
- In the Integrations tab of the BigPanda interface, click New Integration.
- In the Create a New Integration selection window, select the desired integration. Use the Changes tab to narrow the list to only change management integrations, or search for an integration using the search bar on the right. If you do not find the integration you are seeking, you can select the Changes Rest API integration to create a custom solution, or reach out to us at [email protected] for assistance.
- Follow the in-product instructions to integrate your change management tool with BigPanda.
Once configured, we recommend sending a test change to ensure that the change data entering BigPanda fits your team’s needs
Each integration includes optional fields that can be configured in the integration’s direction. When configured, each of these optional fields will appear as a new column in the change table.
For many integrations, the start timestamp is optional, which means that changes can be sent to BigPanda without a start time marked. However, these changes will not appear in the UI. Only changes sent to BigPanda with a start timestamp will appear in the UI. Most integrations will insert the current timestamp for changes missing a timestamp, but this may vary depending on the integration configuration.
The status field is taken from the payload of a change and is NOT updated according to the start/end timestamps
Column Rate Limitation
To optimize change table performance, max. 30 columns are displayed in the table at a time. Click on any one of the changes in the table to see a pop-up with the full list of tags associated with the change.
Updated 18 days ago