Send monitoring events from Pingdom to BigPanda.
|Supported Versions||Type||Authentication Type|
- For previous versions, an Action Script version of the integration is available.
|Webhook||Org Bearer Token|
Pingdom allows you to monitor the performance of websites and web applications. The integration uses Pingdom's state change webhook, which sends an HTTP request to BigPanda on every change in state. BigPanda then processes and correlates the alert data from Pingdom to create and maintain up-to-date incidents in BigPanda.
- Allows you to act immediately when your uptime or transaction checks change states.
- Enables you to monitor both Basic Alerting and BeepManager Incidents with Alerting in one easy integration.
How and When Alerts are Closed
BigPanda stays in sync with the state of Pingdom checks. An alert opens when a check is DOWN or FAILING and closes when the check is UP or SUCCESS.
Note these exceptions:
- Pingdom checks that are set to Pause do not generate alerts in BigPanda.
- For Pingdom BeepManager incidents:
- Acknowledging or manually closing an incident in Pingdom does not change the status of the alert in BigPanda.
- Alerts continue to be sent to BigPanda during scheduled maintenance.
If you previously installed the email version of the integration, upgrade to the Webhook version.
Install The Integration
Administrators can install the integration by following the on-screen instructions in BigPanda.
Pingdom Data Model
BigPanda normalizes alert data from Pingdom into tags. You can use tag values to filter the incident feed and to define filter conditions for Environments. The primary and secondary properties are also used during the deduplication and correlation processes.
|Name of the check in Pingdom.||Primary Property|
|Protocol used for the check and the monitored site address. The full URL in Pingdom is used by default. If it's not available, the host name or URL is used. For example:||Secondary Property|
|Full URL of the monitored site. If it's not available, the host name or URL is used.|
|Pingdom check ID.|
|Pingdom check type. For example:|
|Pingdom incident ID.|
|Port for the check, if available.|
|Locations from which the check was run.|
|Previous state of the check.|
|Pingdom tags for the check.|
Follow these steps to diagnose and solve common problems with the Pingdom integration.
Problem: BigPanda is not receiving alerts from Pingdom
Pingdom has not yet generated any alerts.
The email version of the Pingdom integration is installed, which has been deprecated due to changes in the Pingdom platform.
The integration is configured incorrectly.
Notification options in Pingdom are disabled.
Follow these troubleshooting steps to ensure that the integration is configured correctly.
In BigPanda, check the status of your Pingdom integration.
If the status shows as Pending, the integration is configured but BigPanda has not yet received any alerts from Pingdom.
If you know that Pingdom has sent alerts since you configured the BigPanda integration, verify which version of the BigPanda Integration is installed.
- Email—listed in Pingdom at Sharing > Pingdom API.
- Webhook—listed in Pingdom at Integrations > Integrations with a type of Webhook.
- If the email-based version is installed, upgrade to the Webhook version.
The email-based version of the Pingdom integration has been deprecated due to changes in the Pingdom platform, and it will no longer send data to BigPanda. If you are using a previous version of the integration, upgrade to the Webhook version.
- If the Webhook version is installed and you are still not receiving Pingdom alerts, in BigPanda, click Review Instructions and ensure the integration is configured correctly.
If you've followed these instructions and are not receiving alerts from Pingdom as expected, please contact BigPanda Support for additional assistance.
Uninstall the Integration
Deleting an integration requires changes to both the integrated system and BigPanda. You must uninstall the integration on the integrated system and then delete the integration from BigPanda.
When replacing an existing integration with a new tool or system, we recommend configuring the new integration first to ensure no data is lost.
Stop Sending Data to BigPanda
- In the Pingdom UI, go to Integrations > Integrations.
- Locate the BigPanda Integration.
- Click the arrow, and then click Delete > Delete Integration.
Manually resolve any open alerts sent from the integration to remove the associated incidents from your incident feed. These incidents will not automatically resolve without an
ok status from the original sending integration.
Delete the Integration from BigPanda
- In BigPanda, navigate to the Integrations tab and select the desired integration from the list.
- In the integration details on the right, click Delete Integration. A support message opens, pre-populated with a request to delete the selected integration.
- Press Enter to send the request.
- The BigPanda support team will remove the integration from the UI.
This procedure does not remove any data from BigPanda or the integrated system. As needed, remove data from each system before deleting the integration.
Updated 2 months ago