Unified Analytics helps you visualize trends and problems in your monitoring data
Analytics is a vital tool to validate and measure the effectiveness of your monitoring systems and your BigPanda configuration. BigPanda provides both standard and custom dashboards to help you identify and visualize trends within your monitoring process.
Unified Analytics organizes your data into focused dashboards, making it easy to see an overview of monitoring impacts, drill down into specific tools, or identify actionable incident trends. Each dashboard offers an on-demand snapshot of your data for a specific period of time, helping you visualize historical trends in your monitoring data and identify problem areas in your infrastructure.
Use Unified Analytics to understand and proactively monitor your infrastructure for increased up-time and reduced mean time to resolve (MTTR).
BigPanda University Training
Learn how to maximize your Unified Analytics dashboards with the BPU Unified Analytics Certification. Learn best practices and advanced dashboard management, and test your knowledge to receive the official BigPanda Unified Analytics Credly badge.
In order to start the course, you may need to register for or log in to BPU.
Your organization may not be using this feature yet as it is rolling out to our BigPanda customers through a staged migration. To find out more about the migration requirements and when your organization can move to the new functionality, reach out to your BigPanda Account Manager.
If your organization is still using the previous analytics, you can learn more about creating reports in the BigPanda Reporting documentation
Give designers across your company the ability to design, filter, and share information on your own design terms.
- Design your own widgets
- Slice data using your own filters
- Share dashboards via the BigPanda user interface or static dashboards to email groups
- Visualize key monitoring metrics across all monitoring tools together
- Metrics are displayed in visually clear, color-coded widgets
- Filters enable you to drill down into specific metrics based on team, tool, or time
- 8 standard dashboards for immediate results from day one that can be customized to your needs
Reporting Fields and Key Metrics
Unified Analytics uses standard fields and terminology to describe elements and stages of the incident management process.
BigPanda’s specific definition of these terms is based on industry standards and best practices to help you measure and track business and operational metrics. Read more about specific terminology and how to best leverage analytics metrics in the Unified Analytics Key Metrics documentation. For a full list of available fields for reporting, see the Unified Analytics Reporting Tables documentation.
By default, BigPanda offers eight standard dashboards on key elements such as Mean Time to Resolve, User Actions, and Reporting Tool Efficacy. Each of these dashboards is designed around the unique reporting needs of a busy ITOps team and focuses on data vital to maintaining monitoring efficacy.
Users with access to view the Analytics tab are able to toggle between dashboards with a single click. All dashboards can be filtered by Date Granularity, or by additional filters such as source system and incident start time.
If the standard dashboards do not reflect your organizational needs, an administrator is able to create custom dashboards to reflect the unique tags and configuration settings you use in BigPanda. These custom dashboards can be created using existing standard dashboards as a template or from scratch. Learn more about adjusting custom reports in the Manage Unified Analytics documentation.
In addition to the Unified Analytics dashboards, BigPanda provides users with a Dashboards tab. The BigPanda Dashboard offers a single, dynamic live view ideal for monitoring operational health in real time. To learn more about the BigPanda Dashboards tab, see the BigPanda Dashboards documentation.
An Analytics Dashboard Designer controls the dashboards visible on the Analytics tab, and not those visible in the Dashboard tab.
Deep dive on alert payloads sent to BigPanda from inbound tools.
The Alert Analysis Dashboard helps you visualize trends and patterns in your alert payloads, allowing you to proactively find problematic infrastructure elements or times.
Use the Alerts Analysis Dashboard to:
- Spot low alert thresholds that may need to be optimized
- Highlight problematic hosts or applications
- Identify hours or days that frequently have high volumes of alerts
An overview of correlation and enrichment trends within your incidents.
The Enrichment dashboard helps you visualize the effectiveness of your BigPanda enrichment configuration and highlights alerts that are slipping through the enrichment rules.
Use the Enrichment Dashboard to:
- Understand how often enrichments are being applied
- Spot which hosts are commonly missing enrichment
- Identify gaps and areas for improvement
- Filter by individual sources to evaluate effectiveness
A high-level overview of alert and compression metrics for leadership.
The Executive Summary Dashboard offers a comprehensive overview of the metrics vital for IT Ops planning and management including compression trending, alert volumes, and MTTx.
Use the Executive Summary Dashboard to:
- View a high-level recap of BigPanda incidents at an executive level
- Gain insight into alert volume reduction through compression
- Evaluate various MTTx to measure IT Operation’s health
- Export as simple screenshots or display during presentations for easy visibility
An in-depth analysis on outbound integrations that are receiving BigPanda incidents.
The ITSM Tools Dashboard gives you a deep dive into how BigPanda is interacting with your ITSM tools including ticket automation, compression, and trending.
Use the ITSM Tools Dashboard to:
- Evaluate the effectiveness of automated ticketing for each ITSM tool
- View ticket volume trending to spot escalating issues or concerns
- Evaluate ticketing compression effectiveness through BigPanda
- Identify which applications are creating the most tickets
Detailed metrics on inbound integrations sending alert data to BigPanda.
The Monitoring Sources Dashboard gives you a deep dive into how BigPanda is interacting with your monitoring tools including alert volumes, actionable alert percentages, and signal-to-noise ratio.
Use the Monitoring Sources Dashboard to:
- Compare monitoring tools to highlight those with highest alert volumes
- Identify tools that are sending a high number of unactionable alerts
- Review which statuses are most commonly triggering alerts from each monitoring tool
- Track signal-to-noise ratio trends over time
Detailed deep dive into trends and statistics for organizational MTTx measures.
The MTTx Breakdown Dashboard gives you visibility into trends and patterns in your organization’s incident detection, assignment, and resolution.
Use the MTTx Breakdown Dashboard to:
- Visualize trends in MTTx timing
- Recognize areas for improvement in MTTX timing
- Identify which applications experience the most downtime
Raw Data Dashboard
All of your reporting data in simple table format.
The Raw Data table is ideal for users who would like to interact with their data directly, whether in the dashboard or exported for use in other analytics programs. The table is easily filtered or adjusted to show the columns that are most useful for your reporting needs.
Use the Raw Data Dashboard to:
- Identify the reporting fields used through BigPanda analytics
- Create custom tables for ease of common reporting needs
- Export to file for easy use in other analytics programs
Detailed records of user actions and behavior within BigPanda.
The Teams Efficiency Dashboard offers a comprehensive overview of the actions and behavior of users within BigPanda. Actions tracked include: Assigned, Comments, Manual Resolve, Shared, and Snoozed.
Use the Teams Efficiency Dashboard to:
- Track all actions taken in the console
- Measure adoption of BigPanda within day-to-day operations
- View the percentage of incidents being timely actioned
- Review individual users to ensure team members are acting according to role
How Dashboards are Generated
BigPanda Unified Analytics uses transformed data tables for dashboard metrics and data relationship mapping. These data tables may have been adjusted to fit the custom tags of your organization.
Unified Analytics tables are built on the life cycle of incidents within BigPanda.
For more information on the relationships and data within the data tables, please see the Manage Unified Analytics or Reporting Data Tables documentation.
View Unified Analytics dashboards
Learn how to Manage Unified Analytics
Find definitions of Unified Analytics key metrics
Dive into potential reporting fields in Unified Analytics Reporting Tables
Updated 2 months ago