- Clean up and organize PRTG alerts by automatically grouping related events.
- Easily assign alerts to team members and track their activities in real-time.
A webhook is configured in PRTG, forwarding all alerts to the PRTG integration. The integration then normalizes the alerts and sends them into BigPanda to be processed and correlated with related alerts, creating and maintaining up-to-date incidents in BigPanda.
- Create an App Key - Enter the name of your integration and click Generate App Key.
You'll need a separate App Key for each integrated system.
Note: This integration supports only the English language version of PRTG.
- Log in to the PRTG Dashboard as an admin user.
- Go to Setup > Account Settings > Notifications and click Add new notification.
This should open the BigPanda Service Configuration form. If the form doesn't open, click on the plus button to open it.
- In the Add Notification page, in Notification Name, enter BigPanda Notification.
- For NOTIFICATION SUMMARIZATION > Method, select Always notify ASAP.
- Select the EXECUTE HTTP ACTION check box.
- In EXECUTE HTTP ACTION > URL, enter
https://api.bigpanda.io/data/integrations/prtg?access_token=58836bbfcc02ae9ba60d19f7b52796c4&app_key=<your app key>.
- In EXECUTE HTTP ACTION > Postdata, enter
Your Add Notification page should look like this example:
- Click Save.
Note: BigPanda monitors the Down, Warning, Unusual, and Partial Down states. You must add a trigger for each of these states.
- Click Devices.
- In the Devices page, click the Notifications button for the Group Root.
- Click Add State Trigger.
- Fill in the fields:
- When sensor is:
- In all of the ...perform:
- ...repeat every:
- Keep the default values for all other fields.
- Click Save.
- Repeat steps 3 - 5 to add state triggers for each of these states: Warning, Unusual, and Partial Down.
The complete list of BigPanda triggers in PRTG should look like this example:
The next time PRTG generates an alert, you will see it in the Incidents Dashboard.
For FAQs about integrating PRTG, see the PRTG integration page, located in the BigPanda Integrations tab.
Updated about a year ago
|Integrating a Monitoring Service|