|Supported Versions||Type||Authentication Type|
|SaaS||Webhook||Org Bearer Token|
Azure Monitor collects telemetry data from both on-premises and Azure cloud service as well as collects log data from management tools. Azure Monitor then allows you to build alerts rules based on this information.
By configuring a webhook action in an Azure Monitor action group, you are able to forward alerts to be normalized and transmitted to BigPanda. BigPanda then processes and correlates the alerts from Azure Monitor with alerts from other sources to create and maintain up-to-date incidents in BigPanda.
The Open Integration Manager is available for use with Azure Monitor. For more information, see the Open Integration Manager documentation.
- Uses native webhook notification channel in Azure Monitor to forward alerts to BigPanda.
- Automatically resolves incidents in BigPanda when they resolve in Azure Monitor.
- Supports all Azure Monitor alert types (metric, log v1/v2, activity log) via the Common Alert Schema.
- Intelligently correlates alerts from Azure Monitor to help you understand and respond faster to production issues.
Administrators can install the integration by following the on-screen instructions in BigPanda.
Azure Security Levels
By default, BigPanda disregards
sev4Azure alerts if the signalType is not
Activity Log. These alerts will not create BigPanda incidents or appear in your incident feed.
The standard Azure Monitor integration uses the incident_identifier value of
If you want to stop sending data to BigPanda but don’t want to delete your integration, you can temporarily deactivate it.
To deactivate an integration:
- In BigPanda, navigate to the Integrations tab and select the desired integration from the list. This will open integration details on the right side of the window.
- At the top of the integration details, click the Active/Inactive toggle next to the application name to change the status of the integration.
Alert Resolution for Inactive Integrations
Any active alerts belonging to an inactive integration must be manually resolved or they will stay in the system until the auto-resolve window is reached.
Deleting an integration requires changes to both the integrated system and BigPanda. You must uninstall the integration on the integrated system and then delete the integration from BigPanda.
When replacing an existing integration with a new tool or system, we recommend configuring the new integration first to ensure no data is lost.
- Sign in to the Azure portal and navigate to Monitor > Alerts > Manage Actions.
- Select your Action Group with the BigPanda webhook action added.
- Remove the BigPanda webhook action.
- In BigPanda, navigate to the Integrations tab and select the desired integration from the list.
- In the integration details on the right of the page, click the trash icon, then confirm you want to delete the integration. The integration will then be removed immediately.
Alert Resolution for Deleted Integrations
All active alerts from the integration will be resolved after deletion.
This procedure does not remove any data from the integrated system.
Updated 27 days ago