Send monitoring events from Wavefront by VMware to BigPanda.
|Supported Versions||Type||Authentication Type|
|SaaS Deployments||Webhook||Org Bearer Token|
Wavefront enables you to use monitoring to collect analytics across your entire application stack. With this integration, you can correlate Wavefront alerts into high-level incidents in BigPanda so you can better understand and respond faster to critical issues.
- Utilizes an Alert Target within Wavefront to send alerts.
- Correlates alerts from Wavefront to help you understand and respond faster to production issues.
- Alerts configured to send resolve event will automatically resolve the corresponding alert in BigPanda on receipt of a resolve event.
- Supports customization of the Wavefront Alert via alert templating.
Install the Integration
Administrators can install the integration by following the on-screen instructions in BigPanda.
Uninstall the Integration
Deleting an integration requires changes to both the integrated system and BigPanda. You must uninstall the integration on the integrated system and then delete the integration from BigPanda.
When replacing an existing integration with a new tool or system, we recommend configuring the new integration first to ensure no data is lost.
Stop Sending Data to BigPanda
You must delete the created Alert Target for BigPanda within Wavefront.
- Log in to your Wavefront Dashboard.
- Go to Alerts New > Notification channels .
- Delete the BigPanda channel.
- Go to Alerts New > Alert policies.
- Delete the alert policy that was created for BigPanda.
- If the BigPanda notification setting was added to an existing alert policy:
- Go to the settings of the alert policy which contains the BigPanda settings.
- Delete the BigPanda channel from the policy's notification channels.
Manually resolve any open alerts sent from the integration to remove the associated incidents from your incident feed. These incidents will not automatically resolve without an
ok status from the original sending integration.
Delete the Integration from BigPanda
- In BigPanda, navigate to the Integrations tab and select the desired integration from the list.
- In the integration details on the right, click Delete Integration. A support message opens, pre-populated with a request to delete the selected integration.
- Press Enter to send the request.
- The BigPanda support team will remove the integration from the UI.
This procedure does not remove any data from BigPanda or the integrated system. As needed, remove data from each system before deleting the integration.
Updated about 2 months ago