- Customized alerts— You don't have to open the BigPanda console to see if your incidents have updated, what's relevant to you will be sent to your configured Slack channel in real time.
- Streamline workflows— Invite the relevant members of your team to the Slack alert channel(s) specifically pertaining to them, clearly designating responsibilities and saving time.
- Communication optimization— The invited members of Slack alert channels can all weigh in on alert causes and fixes, capitalizing on a diverse knowledge base of expertise to tackle each issue.
Once installed, the Slack integration sends HTTP posts with a JSON payload containing alert information to a Slack webhook URL. The integration sends notifications for new alerts, comments and invitations to the channel by default. You also have the option of manually sending messages containing pertinent incident updates.
Share BigPanda incidents with a channel.
- In your BigPanda workspace in Slack, go to Slack Home > Slack Integrations and select Incoming WebHooks.
- Click on the create a new channel link under the dropdown menu.
- Name the channel, invite the team members you wish to include and click Create Channel.
- Click on Add Incoming WebHooks Integration.
- Copy the Webhook URL to the form.
- Click on Save Settings. Your new channel is now visible in your BigPanda Integrations list. The area to the right of the list displays the name and app key used to create any integration selected.
Delete the Integration in BigPanda to remove the Slack integration from your UI.