|Supported Versions||Type||Authentication Type|
|SaaS Deployments||API||Org Bearer Token|
Use BigPanda to send alert messages to you and your team members' Slack as they happen in real-time. Integrating Slack shortens incident resolution time, creates transparency, and encourages communication between members of your team.
Once installed, the Slack integration sends HTTP POST requests with a JSON payload containing alert information to a Slack Incoming Webhook. The integration sends notifications for new alerts, comments, and invitations to the channel by default. You also have the option of manually sending messages containing pertinent incident updates.
The Slack integration follows standard AutoShare rules. See the Sharing Rules documentation for more information.
- Customized alerts— See if your incidents have updated without opening the BigPanda console. Updates to your incidents will be sent to your configured Slack channel in real time.
- Streamline workflows— Invite your team members to the Slack alert channel(s) specifically pertaining to them, clearly designating responsibilities and saving time.
- Communication optimization— The invited members of Slack alert channels can all weigh in on alert causes and fixes, capitalizing on a diverse knowledge base of expertise to tackle each issue.
Administrators can install the integration by following the on-screen instructions in BigPanda.
Deleting an integration requires changes to both the integrated system and BigPanda. You must uninstall the integration on the integrated system and then delete the integration from BigPanda.
When replacing an existing integration with a new tool or system, we recommend configuring the new integration first to ensure no data is lost.
- In BigPanda, navigate to the Integrations tab and select the desired integration from the list.
- In the integration details on the right, click Delete Integration. A support message opens, pre-populated with a request to delete the selected integration.
- Press Enter to send the request.
- The BigPanda support team will remove the integration from the UI.
This procedure does not remove any data from BigPanda or the integrated system. As needed, remove data from each system before deleting the integration.
Updated 8 months ago