|Supported Versions||Type||Authentication Type|
|Grafana v5.0.0-v9.0.0||Webhook||Org Bearer Token|
Grafana 8+ Alerts
Grafana introduced an update to the format of alert notifications in v8+ - Grafana now uses Prometheus as its Alert Manager rather than its legacy solution. If using version 8 or later, make sure to select the Grafana v2 (Prometheus AlertManager).
To use this integration, you can configure a webhook notification channel in Grafana. This channel forwards alerts to the Grafana integration where they are normalized and transmitted to BigPanda. BigPanda then processes and correlates the alert data from Grafana to create and maintain up-to-date incidents in BigPanda.
- Uses native webhook notification channel in Grafana to forward alerts to BigPanda
- Automatically resolves incidents in BigPanda when they resolve in Grafana
- Extensible alert configuration
- Intelligently correlates alerts from Grafana to help you understand and respond faster to production issues
BigPanda normalizes alert data from Grafana into tags. You can use tag values to filter the incident feed and to define filter conditions for Environments. The primary and secondary properties are also used during the deduplication and correlation processes. The following specifies the mapping of Grafana alert properties to BigPanda tags.
|BigPanda Property||Grafana Property|
Administrators can install the integration by following the on-screen instructions in BigPanda.
Deleting an integration requires changes to both the integrated system and BigPanda. You must uninstall the integration on the integrated system and then delete the integration from BigPanda.
When replacing an existing integration with a new tool or system, we recommend configuring the new integration first to ensure no data is lost.
- Login to your Grafana instance.
- In the left sidebar click the alerting icon (bell) then open the Notification channels tab.
- Locate the BigPanda notification channel and click the red X button to delete it.
[bigpanda_config]blocks in your alert messages (if you added any).
Manually resolve any open alerts sent from the integration to remove the associated incidents from your incident feed. These incidents will not automatically resolve without an
ok status from the original sending integration.
- In BigPanda, navigate to the Integrations tab and select the desired integration from the list.
- In the integration details on the right, click Delete Integration. A support message opens, pre-populated with a request to delete the selected integration.
- Press Enter to send the request.
- The BigPanda support team will remove the integration from the UI.
This procedure does not remove any data from BigPanda or the integrated system. As needed, remove data from each system before deleting the integration.
Updated 7 months ago