- Uses the ThousandEyes Webhooks integration feature to forward networking alerts to BigPanda.
- Correlates alerts from ThousandEyes Alert Rules to help you understand and respond faster to production issues.
- Alert Rules configured to send clear events will automatically resolve the corresponding alert in BigPanda on receipt of a clear event.
The integration works by configuring the Webhooks integration feature in ThousandEyes. A BigPanda URL endpoint is added, which prompts ThousandEyes to forward all relevant alert information to BigPanda. BigPanda then processes and correlates the alert data from ThousandEyes to create and maintain up-to-date incidents in BigPanda.
Administrators can install the integration by following the on-screen instructions in BigPanda. For more information, see Installing an Integration.
BigPanda normalizes alert data from ThousandEyes into tags. You can use tag values to filter the incident feed and to define filter conditions for Environments. The primary and secondary properties are also used during the correlation process.
|Name of the corresponding test in ThousandEyes||Primary Property|
|Specific alert rule that triggered the alert||Secondary Property|
|Unique Id for the particular ThousandEyes alert||Incident Identifier|
|Type of ThousandEyes alert (e.g. End-to-End (Agent))|
|Conditions required to trigger this alert rule|
|Hyperlink to the alert in the ThousandEyes console|
|Unique Id for the triggered rule|
|Unique Id for the particular test|
You must remove the BigPanda webhook from all Alert Rules in ThousandEyes to stop sending alerts to BigPanda.
Manually resolve any open incidents related to the integration to remove them from your incident feed. Optionally, remove any additional data in BigPanda. For example, modify or remove any Environments or AutoShare rules that reference the integration.
- In the ThousandEyes dashboard, in the left-hand nav under SETTINGS, click Alerts > Alert Rules
- Select an Alert Rule currently sending to the BigPanda webhook, click to expand, and then select the Notifications tab
- Under the WEBHOOKS section, click the x next to the BigPanda webhook to remove it from that alert
- Repeat for other Alert Rules sending to the BigPanda webhook
Delete the Integration in BigPanda to remove the ThousandEyes integration from your UI.
Updated 10 months ago
|Integrating a Monitoring Service|