This feature is currently available in a limited release. Some functionality is not yet available, but will be released in the near future. See the Coming Soon section for more information.
|User API Key
The MS Teams integration allows you to easily share BigPanda incidents in a customized message to a channel within Teams.
The integration shares incidents from BigPanda to MS Teams via a webhook. When an incident triggers an AutoShare or is manually shared, it is normalized and sent via webhook to the MS Teams API.
The MS Teams integration follows standard AutoShare rules. See the Sharing Rules documentation for more information.
- Incident updates— Updates to ongoing incidents will be sent to your MS Teams channel in real time.
- Streamline workflows— Invite your team members to the MS Teams channel(s) specifically pertaining to them, clearly designating responsibilities and saving time.
- Communication optimization— Team members can collaborate together, capitalizing on a diverse knowledge base of expertise to tackle each issue.
- Customizable messages— Configure what data is included in MS Teams messages for each AutoShare rule, selecting from alert tags, incident metadata, and incident tags.
- Preview— Sample message content helps you visualize how your teams will see incidents within MS Teams
- Multi-channel support— MS Teams integrations will no longer be tied to a specific channel. Configure AutoShare rules for all channels associated with that MS Teams webhook.
Administrators can install the integration by following the on-screen instructions in BigPanda.
The Teams integration leverages channel-specific webhook URLs to send incident details. To start sending incident details to a specific channel, add the webhook URL for that channel during the Configure the Teams Incoming Webhook step in integration installation.
Finding Channel Webhooks
Each channel in teams has a unique webhook URL. Channel webhook links can be created and found in the channel details within Teams. Follow the Teams instructions to create an incoming webhook or locate an existing webhook for a channel.
By default, a Teams incident share includes a link to the incident in the BigPanda console, information on the incident status, and the check tag value.
The default tags can be adjusted or additional mandatory Incident Data or Primary Alert Tags can be added. Any tags added during integration configuration will be included in all shares for this integration. An incident share will fail if the incident does not have values for the mandatory tags.
️Use with caution
An incident share will fail if the incident does not have values for the mandatory tags. Only add mandatory tags if you are sure that they will be added to every alert or incident.
The Primary Alert for an incident is the oldest most severe alert in the Incident. If a more severe alert comes in it will be the new primary alert.
Once configured, the Teams integration can be selected as a destination for AutoShare and Manual sharing of incidents.
To send incident information to a Teams channel:
- Select the Teams integration name from the Share via field when configuring an AutoShare rule, or Sharing an incident.
- Select the Teams channel from the available options. All channels added to this integration will appear in the list.
Incidents can currently only be manually shared to MS Teams from the expanded Incident Details pane.
All BigPanda shares include a link to the triggering incident in BigPanda.
Some mandatory incident and primary alert data fields may have been configured during integration configuration. These fields will be included by default in all autoshare rules or manual shares for that integration.
Additional customization can be added when configuring an AutoShare rule or as part of a Manual share.
Each AutoShare rule or Manual share can be customized to better fit the needs of the members of the destination Teams channel.
Adjust available fields as desired:
- Link Type - Choose whether viewers can access additional incident details in the BigPanda app, or in a preview page. Login is required for the BigPanda app, but not for the preview page.
- Incident Data - Include incident properties and tags in the message.
- Primary Alert Tags - Include information about the oldest, most severe alert in the incident.
- Additional Message - Add textual context or details to the share.
During configuration, the Message Preview pane will create a sample message based on an incident from the sharing environment.
At any time during AutoShare configuration, click Test AutoShare to send the sample message to the destination channel. If a red error message appears, there may be a configuration issue with the channel webhook. Review the integration configuration for mismatched or missing values.
When satisfied with the sharing settings click Share or Create AutoShare.
Deleting an integration requires changes to both the integrated system and BigPanda. You must uninstall the integration on the integrated system and then delete the integration from BigPanda.
When replacing an existing integration with a new tool or system, we recommend configuring the new integration first to ensure no data is lost.
- In BigPanda, navigate to the Integrations tab and select the desired integration from the list.
- In the integration details on the right, click Delete Integration. A support message opens, pre-populated with a request to delete the selected integration.
- Press Enter to send the request.
- The BigPanda support team will remove the integration from the UI.
This procedure does not remove any data from BigPanda or the integrated system. As needed, remove data from each system before deleting the integration.
Updated 3 months ago