|Supported Versions||Type||Authentication Type|
|1.546 - 2.375.1||Native Plugin||User API Key|
The BigPanda-Jenkins global notifier hooks into the Jenkins build process, triggering the Jenkins instance on every build. Once the build starts, the active change is sent to BigPanda and becomes available for correlation with incidents. When the build is finished, the change data in BigPanda is updated to reflect the completed change.
- Notifies BigPanda about Jenkins builds, capturing Shadow Changes from your CI.
- Intelligently correlates system changes from Jenkins with high-level incidents in BigPanda to expedite the Root Cause Analysis (RCA) process and reduce Mean Time To Repair (MTTR).
- Tracks build progress, keeping the change information in BigPanda up to date.
BigPanda converts and organizes build information from Jenkins into tags.
Below are the methods being leveraged to populate the needed Changes tags
|identifier||The unique identifier for the change.|
|start||The build start time. This is transformed into seconds prior to being sent to BigPanda.|
|summary||The full name of the build.|
|end||The build end time calculated against the |
|causes||A potential array of build triggers.|
|description||(Optional) This tag is populated if a description of the build is provided.|
Tags such as
descriptionare added to the
tagsproperty within the Change Object.
Administrators can install the integration by following the on-screen instructions in BigPanda.
This additional field in the configuration has a default endpoint that makes sure the data reached the BigPanda console.
Consult with BigPanda before updating this field for a custom solution.
Before installing the Jenkins integration, ensure that you have done the following:
- Obtain admin access to Jenkins
- Create a BigPanda API Key and save the key
- Create a Jenkins Integration. and save the app key
Deleting an integration requires changes to both the integrated system and BigPanda. You must uninstall the integration on the integrated system and then delete the integration from BigPanda.
When replacing an existing integration with a new tool or system, we recommend configuring the new integration first to ensure no data is lost.
On the integrated system, disable any settings that send data to BigPanda.
- You can uninstall the plugin by navigating to Manage Jenkins > Manage Plugins.
- From the Installed tab, you can select the Uninstall button for the BigPanda Notifier plugin.
Manually resolve any open alerts sent from the integration to remove the associated incidents from your incident feed. These incidents will not automatically resolve without an
ok status from the original sending integration.
- In BigPanda, navigate to the Integrations tab and select the desired integration from the list.
- In the integration details on the right, click Delete Integration. A support message opens, pre-populated with a request to delete the selected integration.
- Press Enter to send the request.
- The BigPanda support team will remove the integration from the UI.
This procedure does not remove any data from BigPanda or the integrated system. As needed, remove data from each system before deleting the integration.
Updated about 1 month ago