The Dashboard tab provides real-time statistics on operational health and bandwidth in a visually simple format ideal for status tracking.
To ensure the latest information is displayed, check the dashboard configuration and refresh browsers that display the dashboard after:
- Defining a new environment that you want to see on the dashboard.
- Deleting an environment.
- Changing the settings for an existing environment.
There will always be at least one dashboard in the left side navigation. If only one dashboard is left in the list, it cannot be deleted.
Roles with the following permissions can access Dashboards:
|Read-only - view BigPanda Dashboards.|
|Full access - customize and interact with BigPanda Dashboards.|
To learn more about how BigPanda's permissions work, see the Roles Management guide.
After you've configured the Environments on the dashboard, display it prominently so that you can continuously monitor the operational health of your organization.
- Log into BigPanda with the user account that you're using to display the dashboard.
Consider creating a non-admin user for displaying the BigPanda dashboard on your NOC wall monitors.
- At the top of the screen, click the Dashboard tab.
- In the Dashboards tab, navigate to the lower left corner of the screen and click the New Dashboard button.
- Give your new dashboard a unique name. The name of the dashboard appears in the upper left corner of the dashboard screen, and within the list of dashboards.
- Select the Widget type (by severity or workflow) to display in the dashboard. A given dashboard will show one type of widget. See Widgets for descriptions of dashboard widget types.
- Select the Sort By type (by name or active incidents).
- Select the Chart Time Frame.
The duration of the Chart Time Frame applies only to the active incidents trend graph. The widgets always show numbers based on the refresh interval of 1 minute.
- Select the Environments you wish to include in the dashboard data.
- To individually select environments, click the checkbox next to the environment name.
- To select multiple environments at the same time, click the arrow in the top bar and select one of the following options from the drop-down menu:
- Select All
- Deselect All
- Select All Starred
- Select Create Dashboard.
- To go directly to the incident feed for an Environment, point to the tile and then click the View Incidents link.
Spikes in activity or severity may indicate an outage that requires immediate attention or additional resources. Sudden drops in activity may indicate that a service has stopped monitoring an important area of your infrastructure.
Learn how to navigate The Dashboards Tab
Dig deeper into the available reporting tools in BigPanda Analytics
See how end users experience Live Dashboards
Updated 28 days ago