|Supported Versions||Type||Authentication Type|
|SaaS Deployments||Webhook||Org Bearer Token|
With this integration, BigPanda will capture and correlate alert rules when they are triggered or cleared.
The integration works by configuring the Webhooks integration feature in ThousandEyes. A BigPanda URL endpoint is added, which prompts ThousandEyes to forward all relevant alert information to BigPanda. BigPanda then processes and correlates the alert data from ThousandEyes to create and maintain up-to-date incidents in BigPanda.
The Open Integration Manager is available for use with ThousandEyes. For more information, see the Open Integration Manager documentation.
- Uses the ThousandEyes Webhooks integration feature to forward networking alerts to BigPanda.
- Correlates alerts from ThousandEyes Alert Rules to help you understand and respond faster to production issues.
- Alert Rules configured to send clear events will automatically resolve the corresponding alert in BigPanda on receipt of a clear event.
Administrators can install the integration by following the on-screen instructions in BigPanda.
BigPanda normalizes alert data from ThousandEyes into tags. You can use tag values to filter the incident feed and to define filter conditions for Environments. The primary and secondary properties are also used during the deduplication and correlation processes.
|Name of the corresponding test in ThousandEyes||Primary Property|
|Specific alert rule that triggered the alert||Secondary Property|
|Unique Id for the particular ThousandEyes alert||Incident Identifier|
|Type of ThousandEyes alert (e.g. End-to-End (Agent))|
|Conditions required to trigger this alert rule|
|Hyperlink to the alert in the ThousandEyes console|
|Unique Id for the triggered rule|
|Unique Id for the particular test|
If you want to stop sending data to BigPanda but don’t want to delete your integration, you can temporarily deactivate it.
To deactivate an inbound integration:
- In BigPanda, navigate to the Integrations tab and select the desired integration from the list. This will open integration details on the right side of the window.
- At the top of the integration details, click the Active/Inactive toggle next to the application name to change the status of the integration.
Alert Resolution for Inactive Integrations
Any active alerts belonging to an inactive integration must be manually resolved or they will stay in the system until the auto-resolve window is reached.
Deleting an integration requires changes to both the integrated system and BigPanda. You must uninstall the integration on the integrated system and then delete the integration from BigPanda.
When replacing an existing integration with a new tool or system, we recommend configuring the new integration first to ensure no data is lost.
- In the ThousandEyes dashboard, in the left-hand navigation under SETTINGS, click Alerts > Alert Rules.
- Select an Alert Rule currently sending to the BigPanda webhook, click to expand, and then select the Notifications tab.
- Under the WEBHOOKS section, click the x next to the BigPanda webhook to remove it from that alert.
- Repeat for other Alert Rules sent to the BigPanda webhook.
Manually resolve any open alerts sent from the integration to remove the associated incidents from your incident feed. These incidents will not automatically resolve without an
ok status from the original sending integration.
- In BigPanda, navigate to the Integrations tab and select the desired integration from the list.
- In the integration details on the right of the page, click the trash icon, then confirm you want to delete the integration. The integration will then be removed immediately.
️Alert Resolution for Deleted Integrations
All active alerts from the integration will be resolved after deletion.
This procedure does not remove any data from the integrated system.
Updated about 1 month ago