|Supported Versions||Type||Authentication Type|
|SaaS Deployments||Webhook||Org Bearer Token|
The integration uses Site24x7 actions, which send an HTTP request to BigPanda on every change in a monitor's status. BigPanda then processes and correlates the alert data from Site24x7 to create and maintain up-to-date incidents in BigPanda.
- Correlates Site24x7 alerts to help you understand and respond faster to production issues.
- Allows you to act immediately when your monitors change status.
- Uses Site24x7 actions to forward alerts to BigPanda.
BigPanda stays in sync with the status of Site24x7 monitors. An alert opens when a status changes to TROUBLE or DOWN and closes when the status is UP. Note this exception:
Site24x7 monitors that are set to Suspend do not generate alerts in BigPanda.
Administrators can install the integration by following the on-screen instructions in BigPanda.
BigPanda normalizes alert data from Site24x7 into tags. You can use tag values to filter the incident feed and to define filter conditions for Environments. The primary and secondary properties are also used during the deduplication and correlation processes.
|Name of the monitor in Site24x7.||Primary Property.|
|Monitor type and the monitored site address. For example:|
|Site24x7 monitor type.|
|URL of the monitored site.|
|Locations from where the monitor failed.|
If you want to stop sending data to BigPanda but don’t want to delete your integration, you can temporarily deactivate it.
To deactivate an inbound integration:
- In BigPanda, navigate to the Integrations tab and select the desired integration from the list. This will open integration details on the right side of the window.
- At the top of the integration details, click the Active/Inactive toggle next to the application name to change the status of the integration.
Alert Resolution for Inactive Integrations
Any active alerts belonging to an inactive integration must be manually resolved or they will stay in the system until the auto-resolve window is reached.
Deleting an integration requires changes to both the integrated system and BigPanda. You must uninstall the integration on the integrated system and then delete the integration from BigPanda.
When replacing an existing integration with a new tool or system, we recommend configuring the new integration first to ensure no data is lost.
Within the integrated system, disable any settings that send data to BigPanda.
- Go to Admin > Inventory > Monitors.
- For each monitor that is connected with BigPanda:
- Open the monitor in edit mode.
- Under Configuration Profiles > Actions, click the X beside BigPanda.
- Click Save.
- In BigPanda, navigate to the Integrations tab and select the desired integration from the list.
- In the integration details on the right of the page, click the trash icon, then confirm you want to delete the integration. The integration will then be removed immediately.
Alert Resolution for Deleted Integrations
All active alerts from the integration will be resolved after deletion.
This procedure does not remove any data from the integrated system.
Updated about 1 month ago