- Allows you to act immediately when your uptime or transaction checks change states.
- Enables you to monitor both Basic Alerting and BeepManager Incidents with Alerting in one easy integration.
The integration uses Pingdom's state change webhook, which sends an HTTP request to BigPanda on every change in state. BigPanda then processes and correlates the alert data from Pingdom to create and maintain up-to-date incidents in BigPanda.
BigPanda stays in sync with the state of Pingdom checks. An alert opens when a check is DOWN or FAILING and closes when the check is UP or SUCCESS. Note these exceptions:
- Pingdom checks that are set to Pause do not generate alerts in BigPanda.
- For Pingdom BeepManager incidents:
- Acknowledging or manually closing an incident in Pingdom does not change the status of the alert in BigPanda.
- Alerts continue to be sent to BigPanda during a scheduled maintenance.
If you previously installed the email version of the integration, upgrade to the Webhook version.
Administrators can install the integration by following the on-screen instructions in BigPanda. For more information, see Installing an Integration.
BigPanda normalizes alert data from Pingdom into tags. You can use tag values to filter the incident feed and to define filter conditions for Environments. The primary and secondary properties are also used during the correlation process.
Name of the check in Pingdom.
Protocol used for the check and the monitored site address. The full URL in Pingdom is used by default. If it's not available, the host name or URL is used. For example:
Full URL of the monitored site. If it's not available, the host name or URL is used.
Pingdom check ID.
Pingdom check type. For example:
Pingdom incident ID.
Port for the check, if available.
Locations from which the check was run.
Previous state of the check.
Pingdom tags for the check.
You must delete the BigPanda webhook in Pingdom to stop sending alerts to BigPanda.
Manually resolve any open incidents related to the integration to remove them from your incident feed. Optionally, remove any additional data in BigPanda. For example, modify or remove any Environments or AutoShare rules that reference the integration.
Access the Pingdom UI as an admin user.
- In the Pingdom UI, go to Integrations > Integrations.
- Locate the BigPanda Integration.
- Click the arrow, and then click Delete > Delete Integration.
Delete the integration in BigPanda to remove the Pingdom integration from your UI.
Follow these steps to diagnose and solve common problems with the Pingdom integration.
Pingdom has not yet generated any alerts.
The email version of the Pingdom integration is installed, which has been deprecated due to changes in the Pingdom platform.
The integration is configured incorrectly.
Notification options in Pingdom are disabled.
Follow these troubleshooting steps to ensure that the integration is configured correctly.
In BigPanda, check the status of your Pingdom integration.
If the status shows as Pending, the integration is configured but BigPanda has not yet received any alerts from Pingdom.
If you know that Pingdom has sent alerts since you configured the BigPanda integration, verify which version of the BigPanda Integration is installed.
- Email—listed in Pingdom at Sharing > Pingdom API.
- Webhook—listed in Pingdom at Integrations > Integrations with a type of Webhook.
- If the email-based version is installed, upgrade to the Webhook version.
The email-based version of the Pingdom integration has been deprecated due to changes in the Pingdom platform, and it will no longer send data to BigPanda. If you are using a previous version of the integration, upgrade to the Webhook version.
- If the Webhook version is installed and you are still not receiving Pingdom alerts, in BigPanda, click Review Instructions and ensure the integration is configured correctly.
If you've followed these instructions and are not receiving alerts from Pingdom as expected, please contact BigPanda Support for additional assistance.
Updated 3 months ago