BigPanda digests change records from change integrations and displays them by start time in the Change Table. By default, the change table chronologically displays the changes made in the 4 hours before the incident started.
The change table contains columns that provide background information on the change:
- Status - The status of the change can be Planned, In Progress, Done. Cancelled changes persist in BigPanda but are not displayed in the change table.
- Key - The key is the original ID from the integrated change. Click on the hyperlinked change ID in the Key column of the table to view changes in their original environment.
- Summary - A short description of the change.
- Start Time/End Time - The timestamps marking the duration of the change.
- Root Cause - Either use BigPanda's OBML or manually mark changes as a Root Cause Suspect or Match.
Administrators have the option to add custom tags to the change integration to display additional columns to the change table, ie: type, assignee, CI, etc.
Click on a change to see additional change details. The BigPanda icon appears when BigPanda had originally marked the change as Suspect. Hover over the information icon to get more details.
Column Rate Limitation
To optimize change table performance, max. 30 columns are displayed in the table at a time. Click on any one of the changes in the table to see a pop-up with the full list of tags associated with the change.
You can search the change table for changes that meet specific criteria and fall within a selected timeframe.
To learn more about using BigPanda Query Language to search for specific tag values within changes, see our BigPanda Query Language (BPQL) guide.
By default, the Change Table displays changes made in the 4 hours before the incident started:
The table displays changes that are active during a specified timeframe:
- Changes that start within the specified timeframe
- Changes that end within the specified timeframe
- Changes that start before and remain active after the specified timeframe
Updated over 1 year ago