1.546 or later
- Notifies BigPanda about Jenkins builds, capturing Shadow Changes from your CI.
- Intelligently correlates system changes from Jenkins with high-level incidents in BigPanda to expedite the Root Cause Analysis (RCA) process and reduce Mean Time To Repair (MTTR).
- Tracks build progress, keeping the change information in BigPanda up to date.
The BigPanda-Jenkins global notifier hooks into the Jenkins build process, triggering the Jenkins instance on every build. Once the build starts, the active change is sent to BigPanda and becomes available for correlation with incidents. When the build is finished, the change data in BigPanda is updated to reflect the completed change.
BigPanda converts and organizes build information from Jenkins into tags.
Below are the methods being leveraged to populate the needed Changes tags
|identifier||The unique identifier for the change.|
|start||The build start time. This is transformed into seconds prior to being sent to BigPanda.|
|summary||The full name of the build.|
|end||The build end time calculated against the |
|causes||A potential array of build triggers.|
|description||(Optional) This tag is populated if a description of the build is provided.|
Tags such as
descriptionare added to the
tagsproperty within the Change Object.
Please refer to our Change docs here <== LINK NEEDED
- Admin access to Jenkins
- Create a BigPanda API Key and save the key
- Create a Changes REST API integration and save the app key
- Log into your Jenkins instance.
- Go to Manage Jenkins > Manage Plugins on the left panel.
- Select the Available tab.
- Search for the BigPanda Notifier and click Install.
- Allow your Jenkins instance to restart.
- Go to Manage Jenkins > Configure System.
- In the Options, find the BigPanda Notifier.
- Add the API and App key for this plugin.
- Apply and Save your changes.
This additional field in the configuration has a default endpoint that makes sure the data reached the BigPanda console.
Consult with BigPanda before updating this field for a custom solution.
- You can uninstall the plugin by navigating to Manage Jenkins > Manage Plugins
- From the Installed tab, you can select the Uninstall button for the BigPanda Notifier plugin
Updated 7 months ago