|Supported Versions||Type||Authentication Type|
|SaaS Deployments||Webhook||Org Bearer Token|
The Dynatrace APM integration configures the Webhooks integration feature for problem notifications (referred to as alerts in this document). A BigPanda URL endpoint is added, which prompts Dynatrace to forward all relevant alert information to BigPanda. BigPanda then processes and correlates the alert data from Dynatrace to create and maintain up-to-date incidents in BigPanda.
Open Integration Manager
The Open Integration Manager is available for use with Dynatrace. For more information, see the Open Integration Manager documentation.
Dynatrace alert timestamps in BigPanda are generated from the rankedEvents section of the Dynatrace payload, if available. OK alerts use the latest end time and all other alerts use the latest start time. If neither the start or end time is populated, BigPanda will use the current time.
- Uses the Dynatrace Webhooks integration feature to forward alerts to BigPanda.
- Correlates Alerts into incidents to help you understand and respond faster to production issues.
- Automatically opens and resolves alerts based on the state of the notification.
- Supports custom tags through the 'tags' attribute of an alert.
Administrators can install the integration by following the on-screen instructions in BigPanda.
BigPanda normalizes alert data from Dynatrace into tags. You can use tag values to filter the incident feed and to define filter conditions for Environments. The primary and secondary properties are also used during the correlation process.
|Details about the entities impacted by the problem in form of a json array||Not Supported|
|Entity impacted by the problem (or 'x impacted entities' when there are multiple)||Primary Property|
|Unique system identifier of the reported problem||Incident Identifier|
|All problem event details, including root cause, as a text-formatted string|
|All problem event details including root cause as JSON|
|Display number of the reported problem|
|Impact level of the problem. Possible values are APPLICATION, SERVICE, or INFRASTRUCTURE|
|Short description of the problem||Secondary Property|
|URL of the problem within Dynatrace|
Custom Tag Normalization
BigPanda will automatically normalize custom tag names received from Dynatrace to ensure that they meet our Enrichment Tag Naming Requirements. This involves converting all letters to lower-case, replacing any special characters with an underscore (_), and trimming any non-letter characters from the start of the tag name.
[AWS]Serviceswill be normalized to
If you want to stop sending data to BigPanda but don’t want to delete your integration, you can temporarily deactivate it.
To deactivate an integration:
- In BigPanda, navigate to the Integrations tab and select the desired integration from the list. This will open integration details on the right side of the window.
- At the top of the integration details, click the Active/Inactive toggle next to the application name to change the status of the integration.
Alert Resolution for Inactive Integrations
Any active alerts belonging to an inactive integration must be manually resolved or they will stay in the system until the auto-resolve window is reached.
Deleting an integration requires changes to both the integrated system and BigPanda. You must uninstall the integration on the integrated system and then delete the integration from BigPanda.
When replacing an existing integration with a new tool or system, we recommend configuring the new integration first to ensure no data is lost.
- In the left-hand nav of the Dynatrace console, click Settings > Integration > Problem notifications
- Click the BigPanda webhook and choose delete.
- In BigPanda, navigate to the Integrations tab and select the desired integration from the list.
- In the integration details on the right of the page, click the trash icon, then confirm you want to delete the integration. The integration will then be removed immediately.
Alert Resolution for Deleted Integrations
All active alerts from the integration will be resolved after deletion.
This procedure does not remove any data from the integrated system.
Updated about 1 month ago