- Uses the Dynatrace Webhooks integration feature to forward alerts to BigPanda.
- Correlates Alerts into incidents to help you understand and respond faster to production issues.
- Automatically opens and resolves alerts based on the state of the notification.
- Supports custom tags through the 'tags' attirbute of an alert.
The integration works by configuring the Webhooks integration feature in Dynatrace for problem notifications (referred to as alerts in this document). A BigPanda URL endpoint is added, which prompts Dynatrace to forward all relevant alert information to BigPanda. BigPanda then processes and correlates the alert data from Dynatrace to create and maintain up-to-date incidents in BigPanda.
Administrators can install the integration by following the on-screen instructions in BigPanda. For more information, see Installing an Integration.
BigPanda normalizes alert data from Dynatrace into tags. You can use tag values to filter the incident feed and to define filter conditions for Environments. The primary and secondary properties are also used during the correlation process.
Details about the entities impacted by the problem in form of a json array
Entity impacted by the problem (or 'x impacted entities' when there are multiple)
Unique system identifier of the reported problem
All problem event details including root cause as an HTML-formatted string
Display number of the reported problem
Impact level of the problem. Possible values are APPLICATION, SERVICE, or INFRASTRUCTURE
Short description of the problem
URL of the problem within Dynatrace
You must remove the BigPanda webhook in Dynatrace to stop sending alerts to BigPanda.
Manually resolve any open incidents related to the integration to remove them from your incident feed. Optionally, remove any additional data in BigPanda. For example, modify or remove any Environments or AutoShare rules that reference the integration.
- In the left-hand nav of the Dynatrace console, click Settings > Integration > Problem notifications
- Click the BigPanda webhook and choose delete.
Delete the Integration in BigPanda to remove the Dynatrace integration from your UI.
Updated 5 months ago
|Integrating a Monitoring Service|