Roles with the following permissions can access Dashboards:
Read-only - view BigPanda Dashboards.
Full access - customize and interact with BigPanda Dashboards.
To learn more about how BigPanda's permissions work, see the RBAC - Role Based Access Control guide.
The Dashboard provides data to help you understand issues and make informed decisions.
- See overall service health at a glance.
- Understand which services and applications are affected by current issues.
- Visualize important trends, and make sure the right team members are responding.
- Focus your teams on the highest priorities by showing only the Environments for the most critical infrastructure and applications.
First, define Environments to reflect the information that your operations teams need to monitor. Determine a structure based on your business needs, then create an Environment for each object in the structure. For example, you can define an Environment for each:
- Support team
- Layer of the infrastructure
- Type of critical alert
Then, configure your organization's dashboard to include these Environments and to exclude any non-relevant Environments, such as any you've defined primarily to drive AutoShare rules or to mirror your infrastructure.
The dashboard displays key operational data for the selected Environments, including the count and maximum severity of active incidents and the trends in incident volume. While the dashboard is open, the calculations and sort order are automatically updated every 60 seconds so you can display it on a NOC wall monitor and always see the latest information for your key Environments.
The BigPanda Dashboard and Analytics Reports provide insights that you can use to make better decisions about your infrastructure.
- BigPanda Dashboard—provides a dynamic view of your data that is continuously updated, making it ideal for operational health monitoring and situational awareness.
- Analytics Reports—provide on-demand snapshots of your data for a specific period of time, which helps you visualize historical trends in your monitoring data and identify problem areas in your infrastructure.
Use these complementary features together to understand and proactively monitor your infrastructure for increased up-time and reduced mean time to resolution (MTTR).
Updated 11 days ago