- In the incident feed, point to an incident, and then click the Assign Incident icon
Alternatively, select an incident, and then click Assign Incident at the top right of the incident details pane.
- Scroll through the user list, or begin typing a name to filter the list.
When the list first opens, your name appears at the top.
- Select the BigPanda user to whom you want to assign the incident.
- The assignee's profile image now appears on the incident, and an event is added to the activity feed.
- If the assignee is currently logged in, a notification appears on the user's BigPanda UI.
Assigning Multiple Incidents
You can assign multiple incidents at the same time by using the bulk actions pane.
To reassign an incident, click the current assignee's image on the incident. Then, select the user to whom you want to reassign the incident, or select Unassign to remove the current assignment without identifying a new owner.
Assignments for Resolved and Reopened Incidents
When an incident is resolved, the assignment information is maintained so it is available for searches and historical investigations. Also, if the same incident is reopened, it remains assigned to the same user. If a new incident is created, it is unassigned by default. For more information about when incidents are reopened, see Incident Life Cycle Logic
You can get information about current incident assignments by searching for the assignee or for the user who last changed the assignee (the assigner).
- Open an incident search:
- For active and recently resolved incidents, click the Incidents tab, and select an Environment and a folder.
- For current and historical incidents up to three months old, click the Search tab.
- Enter a keyword search for the user's email address or a query in BigPanda Query Language (BPQL) with any of the following conditions:
- For incidents assigned to a specific person, use the format:
assignee = <user email>
- For unassigned incidents, use:
assignee = *
*For incidents where a specific person changed the assignee, use the format:
assigner = <user email>
- Review the first set of results.
You can point to the assignee's image to see the user's name along with the name of the user who assigned the incident and when the incident was assigned.
- (Optional) Scroll down to view more results.
Work with your Incidents.
Updated about a year ago
|Integrations for Collaboration|