First create an App Key. You'll need a separate App Key for each integrated system.
A communication plan will need to be imported into xMatters during the configuration process. Download the required communication plan below. Further modification of the plan is not necessary.
While you can use the default Company Supervisor role to authenticate REST web service calls, best practice is to create a user specifically for this integration with a dedicated "REST Web Service User" role that includes the permissions and capabilities.
1. Navigate to the Users tab, select Add.
2. Enter the prompted information for the new user. It may be helpful to specifically identify this user to BigPanda because it will affect how messages appear for recipients.
- First Name:
- Last Name:
- User ID:
3. Under the Roles section, add the REST Web Service User role.
4. Select Add.
1. Navigate to the Developer tab.
2. Select Import Plan.
3. Select Choose File and browse the the saved communication plan (.zip file) from the Prerequisites section.
4. Select Import Plan. Importing the plan will automatically enable it and enable its forms for webservices.
5. After the import completes, select Edit > Forms.
6. For the AutoShare Webhook form, select Web Service Only > Sender Permissions.
7. Enter the REST API user credentials from the previous step.
8. Select Save Changes.
1. Navigate to the Forms tab.
2. Select Edit > Layout.
3. In the Recipients section, add all of the groups and users you want to receive BigPanda AutoShare notifications.
4. Select Save Changes.
1. From the communication plan, select the Integration Builder tab.
2. Select Edit Constants.
3. Select the BigPanda_$(token) constant.
4. Paste your BigPanda Bearer Token into the Value field then select Save Changes.
1. In the Integration Builder, expand the list of inbound integrations.
2. Click the AutoShare webhook integration to view its details.
3. Under the Select authentication method step, select Basic Authentication from the drop-down list.
4. Click Update Inbound Integration.
5. Scroll down to the bottom of the page, and click Copy URL beside the field. You'll use this URL to setup the BigPanda webhook.
Within the BigPanda Integration Console, configure the webhook settings
1. Paste the integration URL In the Callback URL field, paste the integration URL for your inbound integration from xMatters.
2. Generate the rest of the Authorization value by calculating the base64 of the username and password of the integration user you created in xMatters as username:password. Click Encode and copy the result, then in the Authorization header paste after Basic .
3. Click Configure Webhook.
4. (Optional) Create an AutoShare rule based on your needs. This can be done on entire Environments or on a per incident basis. Please see Defining AutoShare Rules for more information.
Updated about 1 month ago