- The BigPanda Beta.
- A user account with a role that has one of the following topology permissions enabled:
Topology_Full_Access - Admin default - Can access and configure the Topology graph via the Topology UI API.
Topology_Read - User default - Can access the Topology section.
To learn more about how BigPanda's permissions work, see the RBAC - Role Based Access Control guide.
BigPanda can connect to external topology sources via API or out-of-the-box integrations. These sources are used to automatically enrich incoming alerts in real-time. This drives several use cases:
- Impact Assessment - Assess which business services and applications are impacted by low-level infrastructure issues.
- Root Cause Analysis - Identify the common denominator of symptoms, ie: a physical server issue resulting in tens of VM issues, or a failed switch resulting in tens of device connectivity issues.
- Incident Filtering & Routing - Easily isolate incidents based on their location in the infrastructure topology.
- Correlation - Correlate events based on dependencies between networks, servers, clouds and applications.
The Real-Time Topology Mesh feature is comprised of the following components:
BigPanda's out-of-the-box integrations allow users to connect BigPanda to existing topology sources. To peruse the integrations available for this feature, see the Topology Integrations guide.
Integrations connect BigPanda to topology data from different parts of the stack.
Below is an example of a Real-Time Topology Mesh stitched together from multiple topology sources:
Example of interconnected, multi-layer Real-Time Topology.
Updated 10 days ago