This feature is available through the Beta program only and is not released for general availability. To request access to the Beta program, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Root Cause Changes (RCC) feature enabled for your organization.
- A user account with a role that has one of the following Root Cause Changes permissions enabled:
Changes_Read - View changes (in the tab).
Changes_Full_Access - Mark changes as Suspects/Match and edit changes marked by other users.
To learn more about how BigPanda's permissions work, see RBAC - Role Based Access Control.
- Integration - Funnel all your change integrations into BigPanda's Open Integrations Hub to see all your changes organized and correlated in one place.
- Visualization - See a consolidated list of all the system changes related to each incident.
- Correlation - Use BigPanda's OBML or manually correlate changes to incidents to enable Root Cause Analysis.
- Collaboration - Collaborate with other users to investigate which change is the Root Cause of the incident.
The change integration collects changes (ie: managed changes, code deployments, software updates, configuration changes, upgrades, etc.) and organizes them in the Related Changes table within the Incidents tab. Changes and incidents are updated systematically so that the changes to each incident remain current.
In the Related Changes section, use BigPanda's OBML or manual selection to mark changes as the Root Cause Suspect or Match. Click the icon next to the RCC column dropdown to see who marked the change (either BigPanda or another user) and why it was marked. Assess the changes leading up to the incident for insight into the incident's Root Cause.