First create an App Key. You'll need a separate App Key for each integrated system.
1. In Logentries, go to Tags & Alerts. Create a new tag and alert or edit an existing alert by clicking Edit beside it.
2. In Add an Alert, ensure all alerts are sent to BigPanda by using the recommended settings:
Match: Once, one per hour. Report: 100 per hour. Send to: Leave blank.
3. Expand Other Options and select the Webhook option.
4. Enter the IP address and port of the server that will run the script, then save your changes.
1. Download and save the Logentries BigPanda Community GitHub script to the active server that will run it.
2. Edit the script to contain:
|Port||The port of the machine running the script (default 10000)|
3. Run the twistd proxy server
sudo twistd -y bigpanda_proxy.py to start the web server
4. You will notice after running this command, twistd generates a log file in the same directory. You can check this to verify everything is ok.
1. If required, replace the URL with the correct IP address and port. For example:
2. From a command window, trigger an alert by sending test data to Logentries. For example:
telnet-ssl -z ssl data.Logentries.com 443 100002bfbea1e-10c3-4419-bdad-7e6435882e1f status = 500
3. Log in to BigPanda to see your newly created alert.
Logentries Incidents Do Not Close Automatically. Logentries incidents are not closed automatically because Logentries does not send notifications when alerts are resolved. You must manually resolve Logentries incidents in BigPanda to remove them from the incident feed or create alerts with an ok status to automatically clear events.
Updated about 1 month ago