This feature is available through the Beta program only and is not released for general availability. To request access to the Beta program, contact [email protected]
- For an overview of how maintenance plans work, see Maintenance Plans V2 (Beta).
- To learn more about interacting with incidents in BigPanda, see Working With Incidents
Roles with the following permissions can access the Maintenance Plans section, the Plans V1 API and the Maintenance Plans V2 (Beta) API:
Read-only - view the Maintenance Plans section, the Plans V1 API and the Maintenance Plans V2 (Beta) API.
Full access - view and interact with the Maintenance Plans section and use the Plans V1 API and the Maintenance Plans V2 (Beta) API to configure maintenance plans. Use the Schedules API to define the specific start and end times of Plans configured with the Plans V1 API.
Use these Read and Full permissions for both the Plans V1 API and the Maintenance Plans V2 API.
To learn more about how BigPanda's permissions work, see the RBAC - Role Based Access Control guide.
- In the BigPanda console, click Settings and choose Maintenance Plans.
Settings > Maintenance Plans
- In the resulting Maintenance Plans section, click the New Plan button or click Add a New Plan under the Search bar. Please note that during the Beta period of the feature, organizations cannot create more than 100 maintenance plans.
- New Plan > Create A New Plan popup
- In the resulting Create a New Plan popup, enter a title for your plan and the condition you wish to filter.
Create a New Plan popup > Summary and Condition
Clicking in the Condition field opens a tooltip that will show you how to enter the conditions you wish to filter.
Condition is a filter based on a structured BPQL.
- Enter the Time Window in which the plan will run.
Schedule the plan.
- (Optional) Add any additional details you wish to include in the Add Plan Description field.
- Click Create Plan.
- Your plan is now listed in the Maintenance Plans section.
- Your plan now marks relevant alerts in your Alerts tab for maintenance.
In this case, the incident is classified as Active because at least one alert is active.
Maintenance plans have 3 possible statuses:
-In Progress - Plan is in progress. When a plan is running, you can stop, duplicate or extend the plan. Stopping an In Progress plan updates the End Time to the time when the plan was stopped.
The plan is currently running.
- Planned - A plan has been created to run in the future. While in Planned, the plan can be edited, deleted, or duplicated.
A plan has been scheduled.
-Done - Plan has finished running. Once the plan is done, you can no longer edit it, but you can still duplicate or delete it.
The plan has ended.
A selected plan's specifications are displayed to the right of the Maintenance Plans list:
- The name of the plan
- Status - Planned/In Progress/Done
- Maintenance Key
- Condition - The query to be marked for maintenance
- Time Window - Start and end time of the plan
- Stop (option only available for In Progress plans)
- Edit the plan (option only available for Planned plans)
- Description (Optional)
- Created by - User, time and date
- Most recent change - User, time and date
To further customize maintenance plans, use the Maintenance Plans V2 API.
To learn how to completely suppress alerts during maintenance, check out Maintenance Plans V1.
Please note that plans that have been suppressed will not be visible in the BigPanda console.
Updated 12 days ago
|Maintenance Plans v2 Beta API|